Meet Leonard Spector, D.D.S.
Oral Surgeon in Lutherville, MD
Dr. Spector received his undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont. He graduated second in his class with his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Maryland Dental School. Dr. Spector next completed his residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from the Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. in 1984. He has practiced in the greater Baltimore area for more than 30 years. In addition, he frequently lectures to local and national dental-related groups.
Dr. Spector is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) and a fellow of both the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) and the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS). Dr. Spector is also a past-president of the ACOMS and the immediate past-president of the Harford-Cecil County Dental Society. He is a member of the Dean’s Faculty at the University of Maryland Dental School and is the Division Chief of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Medstar Franklin Square Hospital Center.
Dr. Spector currently maintains membership in many professional dental organizations, including:
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- Middle Atlantic Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (MASOMS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA)
- Harford-Cecil County Dental Society
- Baltimore County Dental Association
On a personal note, Dr. Spector spends his spare time traveling to visit with his children and grandchildren, who span the country. He is an avid road cyclist, having ridden his bicycle across the country in 2005. He and his wife Barbara enjoy kayak and bicycle adventures. Dr. Spector resides in Stevenson, Maryland.
A complete curriculum vitae is available upon request.